Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Madison's Tale...




Yesterday, I received an annual family newsletter from 10 year old Madison (pictured in blue cap above in Port Stephens, NSW, Australia with her penpal, Jessica).
Here is Madison's report on her Australian Adventure...
"The last week of February came with expectations that were anticipated by everyone in the house. I was leaving to Australia March 1st on the longest trip I had taken in my whole life; two weeks away from home with Grammy and her co-worker (Bethany). It was a long 23 hour plane ride to Australia. I met my penpal, Jessica. We hit it off and had a great time together. We saw a lot of things I had never seen before, and the things that I had heard of were far more fantastic thatn my dreams would ever reveal. I went to several beaches and schools and to the Blue Mountains. I was welcomed at each school by the chants from the boys, "American Girl! American Girl!"...but I was so happy to get back home.

2 comments:

Social Web Literacy said...

Meeting a penpal for the first time. That is so cool!

madison said...

I LOVE Australia! everything is so pretty there...and Jessica is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice! the pictures are really cute.
love,
Madison